Thursday, January 22, 2009

A "Blow Day"...

(I journaled this on 1/22/09 and just getting it online) Went to Washington, DC today for the March for Life Rally. Only had 4-1/2 hours sleep. On the way to meet the bus I stopped at Sheetz and got a Sugar-free Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee that tasted way too good to be even close to Phase-anything compatible.

I did good for meal 1. I had brought with me some strawberries and a Spinach Quiche that I made from EggBeaters and frozen spinach. (The Vegetarian Program allows eggs - 1 whole egg and the whites of 3 eggs- and EggBeaters has a product with yolk. Two servings of it is only 80 calories and is equivalent to a serving of meat.)

On the bus however I made one of those "command decisions" that said, "Oh, heck with it for the day!" They were passing around banana bread slices, so I had one. Then for meal 2 I had a 4-inch Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and another piece of banana bread. Later on the trip home I had a half of a bagel with cream cheese. I know my body must have been in shock, because I hadn't had bread in a month!

I think the saving factor was that I was on my feet either standing or walking for almost 5 hours in the midst of the crowd of 400,000 marchers. So surely I burned part of the food off there, right?

I've made a decision that I will keep on plugging on until I lose all the weight, and that I'm not going to get so legalistic that I despise the very thing that's helping me. It can take a couple days for a cheat to show up, so I may have set myself back a little, but I don't regret it. I'm in this for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment